Day 3: (1.3.09) Christmas Celebration #4


Today was a busy day! Steve and I spent the early part of the day cleaning the house and preparing for a family gathering. We were getting together with Clay and Mari Ellyn, Tammy and Brian and Nicole for a little belated Christmas celebration. Unfortunately Mari Ellyn was not feeling well so she was not able to make it. We missed her a lot, but we still enjoyed the opportunity to visit with Clay since we don't see him often.
*
I made chicken fajitas for dinner, which everyone seemed to enjoy. Then the kids opened their gifts from Papa Clay and Mari Ellyn. Nate got some hunting knives and a puzzle, Noah got some modeling clay and a remote control car, Abby got a crochet kit and ballet slippers, and Jacob got a wind up vehicle w/ track and an art kit. They were all very sweet, thoughtful gifts, and the kids were very happy. I also got some gifts.... a hanging notepad holder and the gingerbread decoration in the photo above. It is too cute! (Tammy got one that is a bumblebee...)
*
We had a very nice visit. I wish I would have taken some photos of everyone that came, but I was so busy. When I am the hostess, I tend to get a little stressed (that may be an understatement...LOL!), and I spend most of my time flitting from here to there and back.
*
Clay and ME are heading to Arizona and California on the 15th... they will be gone for two months. Lucky them!! So that is another reason I'm glad we got to see Clay. We don't see him enough, and the kids love their Papa Clay!

Comments