Day 10: (1.10.09) I think I can!

My daughter had been asking me for three days if I would take her and her friend Maddie ice skating on Saturday. I decided it would be fun, so we made the plans. She was really excited; that is, until we got on the ice. LOL I tried to give her a few pointers, and I stayed close to help her, but she was very unhappy. She whined, "I can't do this... I want to go home!" I encourage her to keep trying, but she just repeated, "I can't do it!"

That's when her friend said something like, "If you think you can't, then it will be true..." Wow! Such wisdom from an eight year old! It was so cute... Maddie said, "That's something my Dad taught me."

I didn't give in about going home. We just kept doing laps around the rink, with Abby hanging on to the wall. Then we decided to go into the middle of the rink, where some of the younger kids were playing. About 20 minutes before we had to leave, she finally started getting it. It was so nice to see her smile come out!



Comments